Wild nature, risk and trust – how exciting! In this training event we will be exploring nature based education for young children offered as a weekly session on a beach, forest or river. This course will adapt and explore how we can integrate Forest School practice and our methodology of a Nature Kindergarten and address practical issues linked to educating young children outdoors on a weekly basis.
You will be able to:
• Apply aspects of Forest/Bush School practice to your setting
• Create Benefit Risk Assessments to allow children opportunities to learn in a risk rich environment
• Progress your skills in bush craft techniques (e.g. knots, tool working, fire)
• To explore the origins, ethos and approach of Forest/Beach schools
• To identify the benefits and learning opportunities offered by ‘wild’ nature
• To introduce some practical bush craft skills and knowledge