INSPIRING MINDS is a 100% subsidised event, especially for Childminders and Home Childcarers in Brighton & Hove.
This local event will invigorate minds and practice, provide networking opportunities and be an opportunity to celebrate all our wonderful Childminders in the city.
We are pleased to have Dr Jo Lyons (Assistant Director Families Children and Learning) coming along to open our day and our speakers have been chosen specifically for their expertise; and exciting, inspirational & motivational ways.
Come along and BE INSPIRED by:
- Dave Benson Phillips (Legendary TV Presenter, Inspirational Speaker and promoter of Makaton, Music and Movement) – who is not only hugely entertaining, but will invigorate our minds for engaging and supporting children with emotional and communication difficulties. Dave will share his passion and specialism for working with children with SEND and motivate us to support communication development in the early years, through music, sign and movement.
- Jacqui Burke (Early Years Specialist, Learning & Development Consultant and Author of ‘Building Your Early Years Business’) – who will enlighten us on how we can build and energise our childminding businesses through digital marketing & social media.
- Neil Griffiths (Educational Consultant, Children’s Author, Inspirational Speaker and Director of a National Literacy Support Project for the Basic Skills Agency) is known internationally for his unique delivery, exceptional energy and his rare storytelling gift. He will refresh and revitalise our skills for reading aloud and change storytime forever!
- Pebbles Childcare (Childminding Business of The Year, Nursery World Awards 2018) Bridgit Brown & Chloe Webster are Childminding Champions who will inspire us with new ideas to work together, build relations and grow a business to be proud of and that is sustainable.
- Vasilis Gkogkidis (Doctoral researcher and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® facilitator) Through ‘building’ and storytelling, this fun process will enable us to open up communicate and challenge what we do. We will be encouraged to eliminate hierarchies to generate new ideas. This is amazing continued professional development (CPD) for all Early Years Professionals.
Other important aspects of the day:
Refreshments and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
Parking is plentiful and free of charge.
A ‘market place’ with local and national organisations will be there where you may be able to pick up a bargain or 2 !
Every Childminder will receive a free goody bag and automatically be entered into our free prize draw raffle